20H1 build 18932 is Live

Downloading now

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Clean SD, ran troubleshooter, cleaned drive and clicked update.

3 GTR's and partial downloads; then install completed. 3 restarts, last one so long I thought it had failed again, but 18932 appeared.

So just as usual. Some of us have no problems, some have only a slight problem, some have many problems and some have to resort to an ISO.

Perfect system.

Right. I could install this build in one go.

Check for updates.

Get ready to download.

No bounce back.

No GTR.

Install time 46 minutes.

Only caveat, the Restart button in Settings/Windows Update didn't work. I had to do "Right-click Start button, click Update and restart".

Prepare the iso file for later installation, if necessary.

Finish.

I guess I was lucky.

There's no normal way to uninstall Cortana-Beta except by using this command:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppxPackage

YMMV

Late to the party so down loading now, will see what happens.
Windows 10 Insider Page - https://insider.windows.com/en-us/
Had problems with my Lenovo TPX61 upgrading to 18932. Finally I clean installed the Media Creation Tool and then went to Windows Update.  There was 18932 and 6-8 other updates.  All downloaded and installed including 18932.  Clicked on Restart now and it installed all.  No bounces and completed.
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb

I was discussing (yesterday) my 64bit (skip) fast pc. I started my 32bit fast last night and left it GTR. This morning it had finished and restarted and I had a lock screen waiting to sign in. So yes it worked but no idea of any problems. Opened Outlook for my mail and it showed all of the nights postings but non were clickable. Tried Internet and got pages but couldn't click them. Notification said no Internet...?

Restarted and all was OK. This build gives my the Settings page with Picture, OneDrive, Update & Rewards but the 64bit did not?

Noticed cortana beta in the 64bit but swapped to 32bit without checking. In 32bit installed cortana beta (thanks Roger) read the web page (thanks rhabdomantist) and saw Edge Dev had updated.

Wired & Retired Old Mig15 pilot
Facebook will begin paying UK news publishers for some articles with the launch of Facebook News in January.
I notice that in this build if I choose a personal photo as a background it does not show in the Settings Background preview window until I choose themes and select it there. Then I see that get a Current Theme, Synchronised Theme and it does show my photo. I had not noticed before that I could get a synchronised theme across all my pc's with the same photo. Is this new?
Wired & Retired Old Mig15 pilot
Facebook will begin paying UK news publishers for some articles with the launch of Facebook News in January.

That was "interesting" build to install.

Yesterday I had two bounce back to GTR and overall progress of Installing - X% was very slow and whole update take 3 hours.

Today I use same desktop to make two test with two different SSD's

Test 1) Build 18922 -> 18932 take 45 min without issues

Test 2) Build 18362.207 -> take 50 min without issues.

Both test disks based on clean installed 17763 with some updates, so that disk used on test 1 has almost identical 20H1 preview update history than disk which caused those issues yesterday.

Update = Replace old bugs with new ones.

I had not noticed before that I could get a synchronised theme across all my pc's with the same photo. Is this new?

This has been so for many years. Nothing new.

Even if I clean install any build, my desktop wallpaper is restored immediately after I sign in and verify my e-mail.

This build gives my the Settings page with Picture, OneDrive, Update & Rewards but the 64bit did not?

New Settings header is distributed in a controlled distribution policy. Not every PC gets it even if another insider PC owned by the same insider with the same MS account gets it. 

This was written somewhere, but I don't remember where.

Which Edge Dev are you on?

It was tweeted that there would be no update 

this week due to the holiday. If you have .197

that's from last week.

Please mark my posts as answers or helpful if they are.

Discussion Info

Last updated October 8, 2020 Views 1,829 Applies to: