20H1 Build 18912 is Live

Downloading now.

Discussion Info

Last updated June 17, 2019 Views 922 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Interesting...I'll see what happens with 64-bit Pro pretty soon.  Thanks as always for the heads up.

Thanks.

Downloaded and installed without an incidence.

Total install time was 52 minutes.

Install process took half of my RAM ( about 8 GB out of 16 GB ).

*** End of Post ***

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind.
No problems with download & install, quite slow though 70 minutes and four restarts for my 64 bit PC.
Wired & Retired Old Mig15 pilot & build Monster
Why does Facebook want to make people use its cryptocurrency and could we trust social networks to "make the world a better place?"
Starting download on Dell laptop, HP installing @ 21%.
Never Give Up!

Settings / System / Storage show almost 20 GB of temp files, but when I try to scan and remove those nothing happened for a couple of minutes and then Temporary Files page show like attach screenshot.

I had to use Disk Cleanup to remove temp files and this happened on two separate PC after update to this build.

Feedback hub link: https://aka.ms/AA58ydg

Update = Replace old bugs with new ones.
Getting things ready here - will see how long it takes and if anything strange pops up.

Got a green screen at 30%, installing 64 bit. The timing of how the update proceeded and when restarts were happening was different than what I have seen in the past. 

Trying again.

What a difference switching to 32bit makes. Clicked Check for Updates. Got Pending download, then quickly (no GTR) downloading ran 0 - 100% in seconds, Install quickly to 50% then paused for several minutes.

Finally GTR started slowly to 70% then very slowly 1% at a time to 100%. Downloading began initially OK, normal 30Mbps normal disk, CPU and memory. Got to 68% download and ALL activity stops.

Just a few Kbps activity but download is still 68% 10 minutes later. Initially PC appeared to freeze, no keys/clicks worked, but eventually after about 5 minutes all my key presses appeared.

So what to do now? Just leave it? Restart and go through the usual things?

I am using the same PC tower for both 64bit and 32bit 18912.1001 builds. Each build has an identical 125GB Patriot Burst SSD. Both SSD's have almost identical programs and apps etc. No 3rd party anti-virus etc. I configure both systems the same but something happens with 32bit builds and not with 64bit.

Wired & Retired Old Mig15 pilot & build Monster
Why does Facebook want to make people use its cryptocurrency and could we trust social networks to "make the world a better place?"
Anyone running an AMD video card. I had TONS of issues with 18908 constantly GSOD'g - I restored 18898 which is perfectly fine 

64 bit Pro laptop updated without incidence. 32 bit Home desktop failed at Installing now with Error  0x8007000e.

Restarting the system and retrying the update has been successful so far and now at first restart.