19H1 Build 18343 is Live to Fast

Downloading now.

Discussion Info

Last updated May 28, 2019 Views 910 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I haven't been home for awhile and just installed 18342 this morning and now get to install 18343 in the same day.:)
End of Reply: Signed Cal

Downloading now.

Downloading on both 32 bit Home desktop and 64 bit Pro Laptop

Fastest update I have had so far. Less than an hour from Getting ready to the Desktop.

Saw in 1 of the threads the mention of that "Family" icon in the Taskbar. Was asked about on Twitter and here is the answer: Jen Gentleman  @JenMsft · 2h It's a bug, shouldn't be visible - we're working on fix

There's the stupid icon again after the update to 18343.1 (no watermark) and a couple of restarts.

This time not even sfc /scannow is getting rid of it.

I don't think this is just a bug, otherwise there shouldn't be an option to turn it off. It looks like they went out of their way to implement something but isn't working as intended.

I have now run updated for two Fast and two Skip and haven't seen that Family Icon.

Update = Replace old bugs with new ones.

During a clean-install of build 18343, for some reason this time my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 display adapter did not auto-install smoothly. Eventually, I had to delete it in Device Manager and redetect and install it from there. It all went smoothly with the previous build 18342.  I have the Creative X-Fi audio, so I also have to change that driver for the generic High Definition Audio device driver to get my speakers to work.

Everything else seems fine with this build so far. I did see that Family Safety Monitor Taskbar icon for a while, but it has vanished now.

Don

2012 Alienware Aurora R4 ALX
Intel i7-3960X, 32GB RAM, 250GB NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
I have it on Fast 18343, it was under my Hidden icons.

Please mark my posts as answers or helpful if they are.

Downloading now.

This one was flawless and fast.

This PC can be  slow and 18342 ran all night so many hours.  This  build took 1/4 of the time.

Let the games continue 

sofspra

Let the games continue 

My game is continuing !

In every build I get a "StartMenuExperienecHost.exe" error, including this last one. Sometimes when I click Start Menu button on the Task Bar, nothing happenes. This gives me "StartMenuExperieneceHost.exe" problem.

I have it on Fast 18343, it was under my Hidden icons.

This is what's causing the family icon to show, an app called Family Safety Monitor or WpcMon.exe

The question now is why does it load at startup?

There's a way to stop it by renaming the file, it won't cause any harm as far as I can tell. Add "Take Ownership" to context menu, right click WpMon.exe, take ownership and rename it. In my case I chose WpcMon.exe.bak

Question;  are there more than one account on the computer?
-----------
If this answers your question - Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
---------------
Around computers
since 1952
lacrumb