Toolbar missing internet explorer 9

Original title:Where are my toolbars

I am using windows vista home premium, and have recently downloaded internet explorer 9.

I no longer see my toolbars. I can't really say it happened immediately after the above, But certain other things have been going wrong since, including things with my anti virus programmes, but PLEASE just get my toolbars back for now.

Thank you very glad.

Jack.

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2018 Views 95,742 Applies to:
Answer

Right click a blank spot to the right of the Tab, check, Menu, Command, Favorites or Status bar.

Or,

Press alt

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi Jack,

Method 1:  Refer the section “Show or hide the Internet Explorer toolbars” in the link below.

Customize the Internet Explorer toolbars
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Customize-the-Internet-Explorer-toolbars

Alternatively, you can hit the “Alt” Key on the keyboard to pull-up menu bar.

Method 2: If the toolbar keeps disappearing, you may press F11 key on the keyboard.

Method3: You may refer the steps mentioned in the article below which addresses similar issue

The menu bar and the toolbar are missing in Internet Explorer on Windows Vista or Windows XP or in Windows Explorer on Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962963

Important
This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

(Article applies to Internet Explorer 8, steps holds good for Internet Explorer 9)

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.