Question

Q: Receiving an ODBC error code 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'Number2DB' when trying to log into two test prep sites for the ACT

Original title: I'm receiving an ODBC error code 37000. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'Number2DB'. Login fails.

Windows Vista

IE9

Belkin Router being used but only this computer is always on and an IPOD Touch sometimes using router -- but web sitre was loading before and after IPOD introduced. 

That I'm aware no new softward has been installed.

I checked the Public - Private settings of the network and set it to home.  (not sure I'm doing anything right)

I used the knowledge base and could not use Method 1 becausee I dont have Management Studio and could not use Method 2 because the line it asked me to use in the "run" box did not exist.

No problem getting on other websites we commonly use.  But another website is now giving us the same error.  Both are Test Prep Sites for ACT.  Can look at cached pages for both sites. 

I need help correcting this problem -- I'm not sure what it is or how to fix it. 

Computer has been updated with all recommended Windows Update Installs.

We had been to the website numerous times before this error message started appearing.  I also did a system restore to a date I know the website would load.  Please help - am desperate.

Answer

A:

Hi Alabama CT,

1. Were you able to access these sites before receiving the errors?

Method 1:

If so, I would suggest you to perform a system restore and see if it helps.

You can try performing a system restore to a point before you were experiencing the issue.

Note: When you perform System Restore to restore the computer to previous state, programs and updates you installed are removed.

To perform System restore, you may refer the following link:

System Restore

System Restore: frequently asked questions

Method 2:

You can try resetting the browser settings and check for the issue:

Reset Internet Explorer 9 settings

Note: Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings are lost and cannot be recovered.

Method 3:

You can also try uninstalling IE9 and reinstalling it:

How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?

Method 4:

You can also check in compatibility mode:

Why do some webpages look incorrect in Internet Explorer 9?

Hope this information is helpful.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,218 Last updated: May 16, 2018 Applies to: