How to unlock a website, I am unable to access it and there is a lock icon next to it
I have been using this website for years and all of a sudden, I am unable to access it ... there is a lock icon in the next box beside the address. I've called the company, and it's working fine at their end. How do I unlock this to access my accounts?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
The lock icon means it's a secure (https) site. Have you been logging into the site?
Check after each step- you may not have to do all.
1. Go to Internet Options> Privacy and try a cookie setting of Low or Accept all.
2. From Safety on the IE Command Bar (you may have to right-click the IE toolbar and enable the Command Bar) uncheck ActiveX Filtering.
3. Also from from Safety on the IE Command Bar> Tracking Protection> try disabling any listed Tracking Protection Lists.
4. Verify that the computer's date, time and time zone are correct. These settings can affect cookie handling.
5. From Internet Options> Content, click on Clear SSL State.
6. From Internet Options> General> Browsing History> Delete, uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data" and select and delete the Temporary Internet Files, History and Cookies. Restart.
7. With the warning that a reset will delete AutoComplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings button (Internet Options> Advanced.)
8. See if a browser add-on is causing the problem. (Probably not- but easy to check.)
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, an add-on is causing the problem.