500 Internal Privoxy Error

All of the sudden I am experiencing this error when opening pages. Sometimes if I refresh over and over that page will open, sometimes not. Happening to both IE 9/Vista/32 older desktop, IE9/7/64 laptop that have both installed the latest Windows updates (hmmm, about when this problem started, though also installed Adobe update at around the same time) Screen says:

500 Internal Privoxy Error

Privoxy encountered an error while processing your request:

Could not load template file connect-failed or one of its included components.

Please contact your proxy administrator.

If you are the proxy administrator, please put the required file(s)in the (confdir)/templates directory. The location of the (confdir) directory is specified in the main Privoxy config file. (It's typically the Privoxy install directory, or /etc/privoxy/).

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated November 6, 2019 Views 47,906 Applies to:

Related Forums

Answer
Answer

@ janetglaze - I would recommend you return the ATT Mifi if you are still within your return period without penalty.  ATT told me they never heard of this problem before.  When I first returned to Best Buy where I purchased it, the Geek Squad there told me it was my laptop....hmmm.  I knew it was not since we also have a Mac in the house and it was doing the same thing after we got the ATT Mifi.

I decided to return to best buy the following week.  In doing so, that best buy rep knew exactly what I was talking about.  He told me that another customer had just complained about the same things and they had first just changed out the SIM card.  When that didn't solve the problem they had to change out the device. Only because of that previous customer was he able to immediately acknowledge that I had a legit complaint.  He connected to my mifi on his cell phone and immediately got the 500 privocy problem....Bingo! it was the ATT Mifi device.  He offered to change it to another one but I decided to upgrade to the ATT Elevate (which was the same price for the device but a little more costly per month).  After changing to the Elevate device the problem went away.

I would suggest you return the device to where you purchased and either get another one or something else.  Trust me, the problem is with the ATT mifi that you have. Since I didn't exchange for another ATT Mifi, I could not tell you if the same thing would have occurred with another one.  But I definitely got rid of that problem by not using the ATT Mifi.   I think that perhaps enough people haven't complained to ATT about it so they don't know its their device's problem.

Good luck!

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Thanks to everyone for their help. I did try all the suggestions, but in the end I did return the ATT MiFi and switched to Sprint. Voila, problem fixed, plus unlimited 4G service so better all around.

I had reported the problem to AT&T also, so hopefully they will have seen it enough now to be able to help customers who experience this error in the future,

Thanks again, you all are great and much appreciated :)

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.