How do i uninstall funmoods from vista

instaleed ask and funmood aparantly piggy backed
|
Answer
Answer

Hi Thomas,

Edited from http://funmoods.com/english/

To remove funmoods from your computer, go to the Control Panel, then click on Programs and Features.  Find funmoods Toolbar, click on it to reveal options, and then click Remove.  It may be under another name.  If that doesn't work, download Revo (the free version) http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html and see if that helps find and uninstall it any easier.

Then either that does it or you need to (or also need to) do the following:

1. How do I remove funmoods start page from by browser's home page?

To reset your homepage, go to your browser settings:

In Explorer- Go to Tools and then click Internet Options. On General tab, click Restore to Default.

In Firefox 4, click the orange "Firefox" button on the top left then click Options. On General tab, click Restore to Default.

In Firefox 3.6- Go to Tools, click Options. On General tab, click to select your default homepage setting.

In Chrome- click on the Wrench icon (top of browser), then go to Options and on Basics tab select your default homepage setting.

2. How do I remove funmoods from my browser's default search?
    (this is the search located on top right in Explorer/Firefox and in the address bar of Chrome.)

In Explorer- Go to Tools and select Internet Options. In the first tab labeled General, click Settings then select your preferred search provider and click Set as Default.

In Firefox- Click the downward arrow button next to the search box. Then select Manage Search Engines. Select funmoods Search and click Remove.

In Chrome- click the wrench icon and select Options. Make sure you are on the first tab "Basics" and then look for "Search" option to select your preferred provider.

3. How do I remove funmoods from newly opened tabs on my browser?

In MS Internet Explorer 9 - to remove funmoods search from new tabs, go to
    Tools -> Internet options -> general -> tabs settings, and set the "when a new tab is opened, open" drop down, and choose "The new tab page".

In MS Internet Explorer 7 or 8 - to remove from funmoods new tabs, the program has to be uninstalled completely. Please find instructions here.

In Firefox- Go to Tools and then addons, click Options, then select Advanced and uncheck the first option "Use funmoods as enhanced search for new tab".

4. How do I remove the funmoods toolbar?

You can hide the toolbar by right clicking on the toolbar area, then find funmoods Toolbar and uncheck it. To remove the toolbar altogether, you will have to uninstall funmoods.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

MVP(7/2012-6/2015),MCSE,MCSA,MCC2011,xCMM,xCAM,A+,Net+,Security Expert, xInfluencer. See Profile.

W10Prox64 Fast 16299rs3; Ofc Insider 1710/8613.1000; Edge,IE11,Chrome.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2018 Views 58,866 Applies to:

Related Forum