Question

Q: Web sight works on Google Chrome but not on IE 9 This thread is locked from future replies

Had a problem  with  IE 9, could not access  a part of Banking web sight. Contacted Norton Securtity Suite, no problems found, teck support on norton tried google chrome and sight worked fine. He told me to check with Microsoft, thats why I am posting the question here.

Answer

A:

Hi emiller586,

Thank you posting this in the Microsoft Community. We would request you send us few more information as listed below to assist you better.

1. Is this issue confined only to your bank account?
  2. Do you get any error message?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check the issue status.

Method 1:
Run Internet Explorer in "No Add-Ons" mode
Internet Explorer add-ons, such as ActiveX controls and browser toolbars, are used by some Web sites to provide an enhanced browsing experience. An error may occur if an add-on is damaged or if an add-on conflicts with Internet Explorer. To determine whether the error is caused by an add-on, run Internet Explorer in "No Add-Ons" mode. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, and then type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box.
b. Click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons). Internet Explorer opens without add-ons, toolbars, or plug-ins.

Method 2:
Cannot access some websites in Internet Explorer.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967897/en-us
Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Method 3:
How to use Compatibility View in Internet Explorer 9.

If the issue still persists, I would request you to reply us with troubleshooting result to assist you further. We’ll be happy to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved. I would suggest you to go through the following to know more about "manage Add-Ons"

How to manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 9.

Please do let us know, if you find any more issue with Windows.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 6,408 Last updated: April 2, 2018 Applies to: