Using Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 - Streaming Radio Stops When Window Is Minimized (or pinned & minimized)

Dear Microsoft, I never really experienced this problem before until recently, perhaps a recent Microsoft update is interfering & causing an undesired function?

Please note: My system is free of virus & malware. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium w/ SP1 & I'm completely up to date with all my Windows Updates. When I open a LiquidCompass streaming radio station like this one:

http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/player/flash/audio_player.php?id=KAIMFM&uid=182

When the window is open the radio plays (streams) normally with no problems, While the radio is playing, I pin this site to the taskbar & minimize the window (or) If I just minimize the window after 40 or 50 seconds the radio stops playing (streaming) but resumes when I re-open the window again.

In the past, I've often minimize streaming radio so as to make more room on my desktop for other things with no problems until recent. Can anyone else try this experiment to see If they expereince the same issue?

Make sure you duplicate my environment as closely as possible.

1.) Windows 7 Home Premium w/ SP1

2.) Up to date with ALL Windows Updates

3.) Microsoft Internet Explorer 9

Why is this happening? Microsoft, Can you send us a fix? I love playing my radio when it's Window is minimized but now I can't do that any more because the radio stops playing after 40-50 seconds When I minimize it. Thank you. Please let me know what you find.

Artie

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 3,471 Applies to:
Answer
I've got the same issue.  I'm running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.  It even pauses if I just switch to another tab in the browser window.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi,

I would suggest you to restore the computer to an earlier point and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/System-Restore-frequently-asked-questions

Hope it helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.