Question

Q: Unable to open CRM website in Internet Explorer

My job has a crm website my computer is unable to connect to. I have put the website into the trusted website site on my browser, checked the company's main site and everything works. The crm is working fine on a work computer and another friends computer running Windows 7 and IE 9. My employer suggested I use IE 9 so I reinstalled IE9. Still didn't work. I have tried to ping and tracert the crm site from my computer but I received time out requests. Help!

Original title: I am unable to connect to my CRM website

Answer

A:

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this issue. Appreciate your efforts.

I would like to inform you that when you connect to a secure website, Internet Explorer uses an encrypted channel that uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt transactions. Corrupted information in the SSL can cause websites not to load correctly. Clearing the SLL state may resolve this problem.

To do so, follow these steps for your version of Windows.

1. Click the Start button, type Internet Explorer in the search box and then in the list of results, click Internet Explorer

2. In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.     

3. Click the Content tab, and then click Clear SSL state.

I would also suggest you to change the compatibility view of Internet Explorer to an earlier version of the browser.

To do this, follow these steps:

a. Open the Internet Explorer in Desktop View and press F12.

b. Select the option Emulation.

c. Select the option User agent String.

d. Change the browser mode settings and select Internet Explorer 9 or any other browser and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,920 Last updated: May 17, 2018 Applies to: