The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons on IE 9 Beta

Since installing the Internet Explorer 9 beta, I have been unable to access my Hotmail account. The only Windows Live Site I am able to login is http://www.account.live.com.

The exact error it

The Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:
  • This site may be experiencing a problem
  • The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network

You can:

• You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Windows Live Network, or try again later at this site.

However, I can still access my account regulary on Google Chrome 7 dev.
My only though has been the fact that I have Windows Live Sign-In Helper (included with the essentials beta).
It is possible that the site requires the 6.5 version of the assistant?

I see a lot of others are having this problem and it is mentioned at the Windows Live status site, but honestly, 2 days? Any help greatly appreciated. I am a computer tech so no suggestion is out of my abilities.

TIA, Mitchell_A.

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2019 Views 19,713 Applies to:

Related Forums

Answer
Answer

Does the behavior persist after you uninstall IE9B & reboot twice?

How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 9 Beta?
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/7250c2d2-20e1-4f0a-8056-4a6abd9a0f9b

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

I have fixed the problem - first I tried running with No-Addons and that would work in Normal mode until I was signed out (or clicked sign out or whatever)..

By Enabling "Protected Mode", the problem has now been resolved.

Thanks for your help :)

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.