Technical problems with Internet Explorer 9, flash player, crashes.

Dear,

My Internet Explorer 9 has several technical issues of which I do not know how to solve them. The first problem is that Internet explorer 9 does not seem to recognize Adobe flash player and Silverlight. Of both, Adobe flash player and Silverlight, the newest version is installed on my computer. The strangest things is that IE9 sometimes does recognize Adobe flash player as well as Silverlight. I barely have installed any add-ons, which makes it unlikely that an add-on is the problem. Till now I have done a couple of things;

1. Reinstalling Internet Explorer 9(resetting IE9)

2. Deleting Adobe Flash Player and reinstalling it(according the way Adobe presripes it)

3. Try to watch sites in compatibility view

My second problem is that Internet Explorer 9 crashes a lot which ,most of the time, goes together with the following message;  Cannot load library for language 'Jscript Author' path 'C\Windows\system32\jscript.dll' please contact Kaspersky lab for the solution. (err.0000045A)

Personally I think the problem has occured sometime during the installation process of Internet Explorer 9 or the Beta. However I do not know how to solve this. Please could someone help me solving this problem?

Thanks in advance!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi BasBas1,

Method 1: It appears that the issue is caused by Kaspersky. Disable it temporarily and then check if the issue persists. Refer the link below or check the documentation that came along with the program to accomplish this.

Disable Anti-virus software
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Disable-antivirus-software

Important: Enable the security software back once everything is done.

Method 2: To fix this problem yourself, re-register the Internet Explorer .dll files. To do this, follow these steps:

a)       Click Start, and then click Run.

b)       In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.

c)       At the command prompt, type the following lines, and then press ENTER after each line:

regsvr32 softpub.dll

regsvr32 wintrust.dll

regsvr32 initpki.dll

regsvr32 dssenh.dll

regsvr32 rsaenh.dll

regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll

regsvr32 sccbase.dll

regsvr32 slbcsp.dll

regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll

d)       Click OK when you receive the message that DllRegisterServer in FileName succeeded.

e)       Type exit.

Method 3:
Re-register jscript.dll file

a)       Click on Start > Type in cmd in the search box

b)       Right click on cmd that appears on the start menu under programs and hit “Run as administrator

c)       Now run the command regsvr32 jscript.dll

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear,

Thank you very much for the quick response! I have tried the three methods. It seems the first method might works. Right now I have turned off my Kaspersky internet security and have enabled windows firewall. Internet Explorer seems to recognize Adobe flash player. I have not yet tried to turn Kaspersky internet security on.

However, when I am trying both method 2 and 3 it says; 'regsvr32softpub.dll' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I tried it with every single command you gave me and this is what is says all the time. After C:\Users\CF-31> I simply type in regsvr32softpub.dll and press enter, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

BasBas1

Follow this link below run this script this will repair any .dll or registery keys used for Internet Explorer. Make sure to restart your computer after the script is ran.

http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Joe-Co,

I have used IE9 the last couple of weeks to test whether the problem is solved or not.

The problem regarding Kaspersky internet security seems to be solved, however it still crasher but without the message that's due Kaspersky.

The problem whereby my browser does not recognize either Adobe, Silverlight, Quicktime is not solved at all. What I did found out that when it doesn't recognize for example Adobe flash, I just need to close and open my browser again which solves the problem temporarily.

This gives me the thoughts that it is almost for sure due that something went wrong during the installation process of IE9.

Do you know how I could solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problems since I installed the program sunday night and I have Windows 7.  The program crashes a lot and will not open various websites. I do not get an errors message like the one above,  just that it has encountered and errors and will close.

If anyone has solutions please help.  I'm ready to go back to Explorer 8 because I work with computers all day long and cannot affrod to lose work time with a crashing computer.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problems since I installed the program sunday night and I have Windows 7.  The program crashes a lot and will not open various websites.

Hi,

On this page http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum look for the pinned post
Internet Explorer 9 Error: “Internet Explorer has stopped working”

Don

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi BasBas1,

I as well had this problem for quite some time, the easiest and only fix is one that I found by accident.
I created another user account and for some reason Internet Explorer 9 worked fine and did not prompt me continuously to install flash player and Flash Player works now, but only in the new account.

You can create a new account by opening the start menu and clicking your User Picture, then click Manage Another Account and Create a new account.

If this works you can ask me how to transfer your user files or link the folders so that you don't need to transfer them.

Regards, Jeremy Jeaurond

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the solution about Adobe flash player and Silverlight not working.

On sites that Adobe flash player or Silverlight does not work click on the blue circle in the adress bar and click on turn of active X filtering then then Adobe flash player or Silverlight should work. Repeat this procedure on all sites that Adobe flash player or Silverlight does not work to get it working.

Is this the right answer for you? If so, Please mark it as answer!
Thanks!
aaa911

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

what blue circle???

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

this script this will repair any .dll or registery keys used for Internet Explorer.

@ Ajay and Joe

Previously I found out that Win9 has made Kai's list more obsolete than we had realized, especially in this area.   When is MS going to give us a proper IE Repair tool?

Hey, Joe!   You were even a participant in that thread.   How soon they forget...   <eg>

FYI

Robert
---

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 20,405 Applies to:

Related Forums