Search toolbar missing

This just started yesterday. First the usual:

Windows 7 x64 Service pack 1

IE 9 version 9.0.8112.16421 64-bit edition

I had the Bing search bar, however yesterday I noticed it was missing. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, no luck. I also tried the Yahoo toolbar, it was there at first but when I opened another IE it wasn’t there. I checked the Manage Add-On/Search Providers, right now the Yahoo is the default, yet it won’t show on the toolbar. I’ve also tried rebooting of course.

I just now downloaded and installed the Bing, went through all the Enabling part, and it opened with both the Yahoo and Bing search bars. I closed that, opened another, gone. When I right-click on the toolbar I notice that there’s the following, notice what’s missing:

Menu bar – checked

Favorites bar – checked

Command bar – not checked

Status bar – checked

Lock the toolbars – not checked

Show tabs on a separate row – checked

What happened to the Search bar? I think that’s the crux, something is disabling that on the IE. What registry or Windows Update could be affecting that?

Question Info

Last updated October 14, 2018 Views 3,776 Applies to:
Answer

The 64 bit version is not compatible with all toolbars,

I haven't had any issues with the google toolbar but then again I don't use the 64 bit version of ie9 either, but the google toolbar does appear on the 64 bit version,

I don't use the Bing bar at all, my homepage is My msn and it has it's own bing search box so the bing bar is not needed and takes up to much space anyway,

Google has some really good features/ buttons, like a pretty good spell checker/ translator.......I would be lost witthout it :)

Google toolbar for ie9,

http://www.google.com/toolbar/ie/index.html

Mcafee/Norton/IOBit security should not be Installed on a functioning computer=FreeAdvice

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.