Printing script error "line 2107" when using Win7 and IE9

I have an HP Pavillion Elite running 64bit Win7 and using IE9 as browser. On "some" web pages and run java script? to print a page, I get a "an error has occurred on the script in this page"  "line 2107" and "unspecified error" and asks me if I want to continue running scripts.  I contacted HP support and they had me go to a MS website for suggested fixes:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973479   I tried these fixes including the Method 4 and 5, the first fix said "not applicable" and the second didn't work.  It was suggested to right click IE9 (64 bit version) and select "Run as Administrator."  This worked, and allowed me to print, but appears to me as only a work around?  I don't know how to create a short cut for "run as administrator" and the appearance of this version of IE9 is different than the custom version displaying the google search window to the right of the address bar.

I was told this was known MS IE9 problem, and one work around was to revert back to IE8, which I haven't done.  Is Microsoft working on a fix?  And why wouldn't this problem be detected in beta testing?

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 2,165 Applies to:
Answer
According to the software release dates on this page, your HP Photosmart 309A is not supported in IE9 (yet). So you're best bet would be to uninstall IE9 (and then hide it) & stick with IE8 (at least for now).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Method 1: Disable script debugging
Method 2: Test a Web page from another user account, another browser, and another computer:-
Method 3: Verify that Active Scripting, ActiveX, and Java are not being blocked by Internet Explorer:-
Method 4: Remove all the temporary Internet-related files

for more info Fix Script Errors In Internet Explorer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.