"nternet Explorer cannot display the web page" error message while connecting to r fmcdealer.com

Original title: Cannot browse fmcdealer.com beyond login

I cannot browse past the login page for fmcdealer.com.  I key in credentials and click Submit.  The next screen acknowledges that I've logged in, but the main Sales home page does not come up.  I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page."  Does anybody have any clues?

Brand new HP 4540s laptop.  Windows 7-64-bit w/IE9.  Reformatted a couple times--no luck.

Hi,

1) Have you done any recent changes to the computer prior to the issue?

2) Is this issue confined only with a particular website?

Method 1:  You may try all the steps outlined in the article below

You cannot view, access, or load some WebPages in Internet Explorer 8 or Internet Explorer 9:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967897

Method 2: You may follow all the steps outlined in the article mentioned below and check if it helps.

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error in Internet Explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for responding and yes...I tried all of that.  I've done System Restore, Reset Internet Settins, reformatted and recovered to as-is from the factory, etc.  Still have the same problem.  Firefox will go to fmcdealer.com, but because the site was written only to support IE, a lot of the functions won't work.

This problem only appears on this new laptop.  60+ desktops/laptops in the building access this site all day with no problems.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi GeorgeScheuller,

Thank you for the reply.

I understand that the issue has not been resolved now. Since your computer is in a domain network, I would suggest you to post your query here on TechNet community which focuses on such issues.

Here is the link:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprogeneral/threads

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, I gave up.  Reformatted laptop, downgraded to XP 32-bit and loaded XP drivers.  It's now working.  Fair warning to all comers, though...Ford's dealer site, fmcdealer.com, does not work with 64-bit Windows 7 and IE9, regardless of what Ford otherwise tells you.  And if it doesn't work for you, Ford could not care less.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2021 Views 901 Applies to:

Related Forum