Make Internet Explorer 64-bit the default to run when opening IE up from start menu shortcuts

I have since recently downloaded the 64-bit test version from adobe, running IE9 beta version as well & while html5 all work & even flash seems to work & all my video content & everything else is working on the 64-bit version, I just want to move over to using it now, I just can't figure out what I need to do to make it work, changing a few registry values will get some things to start opening using the 64-bit versions but most of it like clicking on files, etc... aren't working well, I did this once before but now I can't figure it out, I didn't even have to change the file association stuff or anything, just a simple registry change or two, I didn't have to change each file type to open with it.

Anyone have any idea of an easy way, and maybe possibly the proper way if one exists?

Question Info

Last updated June 8, 2019 Views 38,828 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hey Michael Key,

The 64-bit version of Internet Explorer 9, 8, 7… cannot be set as the default browser. If you would like to submit your feedback for Internet Explorer 9 please take a few moment to follow these steps to submit feedback via the “Send Feedback” feature. This can be done by:

·        (From within Internet Explorer)Press Alt + X on your keyboard (or click the “Tools” gear on the right side of the toolbar)

·        Click Send feedback

·        Follow the instructions in the window that appears

Feedback can also be submitted here:

https://connect.microsoft.com/ie

Steven
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.