Is there a way to disable "Message from webpage [object Error]" popup box? IE7-9

Tested under IE7-9 so far with the same results.

Every time a javascript action tries to execute on certain PeopleSoft web pages at my company, IE initiates a "Message from webpage [object Error]" popup window.

It is being generated by some compatibility issues with their out of the box javascript attempting to resize div width/height upon a dropdown onChange event.
Rewriting the code is really not an option without knowing what other parts of PeopleSoft rely on this function(s).

If you dismiss the message box by hitting "ok" the web pages work fine, but each and every javascript action on the page will generate the same message popup.

Is there a way to simply disable this popup box in IE?

I have tried disabling "Display a notification about every script error" as well as enable "Disable script debugging" - none of which change the outcome in the least bit.

Question Info

Last updated October 25, 2019 Views 19,078 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hey Jhjdb,

I see that Rob is assisting you, but I also wanted to provide these additional resources that may prove to be helpful.

The IT Pro experts in the TechNet forum may be able to provide additional insight into the problem you are facing. Their Internet Explorer 9 forum can be found by following the link below:
TechNet - Internet Explorer TechCenter - Internet Explorer 8 and 9

The developer experts in the MSDN (Microsoft Development Network) may be able to provide additional solutions or insight into avoiding the error you are receiving. Their web development forum can be found by following the link below:
MSDN - Internet Explorer Developer Center - Web Development

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.