invalid embed code (error 1337)

When I am trying to embed my Justin TV or Twitch TV channel on my website, I keep getting an error showing. It says 'Invalid embed code (error 1337)'. My website is actually a Blogger blog, so I am not hosting the embed locally. I am currently using Internet Explorer 9 and this seems to be the only browser giving me this error when trying to embed my channel. All works fine on other browsers. I have updated my Adobe Flash Player to the latest version and I am using Windows 7 64-bit but this problem still exists.There is nothing wrong with the embed code and even using the default embed code Justin TV or Twitch TV provides me gives this error. This is obviously an error related with IE9 and searching the internet for answers did not help me so far. I bet a broadcast on my channel will actually show behind the error screen, although I haven't tried it yet. Can someone help me find a solution?

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2018 Views 829 Applies to:

Hi,

Perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps:

Step 1

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer troubleshooter built in Windows 7 and check if it helps you fix the issue.

To run Internet Explorer Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

a. Close all programs.

b. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

c. Under System and Security, click Find and fix problems.

d. On the task pane on the left, click View All.

e. Click Internet Explorer Performance. This opens a new window.

f. Click Next.

g. The troubleshooter will run and try to fix all identified issues automatically. Click Close.

After the troubleshooter has successfully run, check if you receive the same error.

Also access the link below and follow the steps to troubleshoot issue with Internet Explorer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-Internet-Explorer

Step 2

Run Internet Explorer in "No Add-Ons" mode and check if it works fine.

An error may occur if an add-on is damaged or if an add-on conflicts with Internet Explorer. To verify the same, run IE in no add-ons mode.

A) Go to Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools.

B) Click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons). Internet Explorer opens without add-ons, toolbars, or plug-ins.

C) Test Internet Explorer to verify that it works correctly.

If no errors occur, the problem is caused by one of the add-ons that typically load together with Internet Explorer. In this case

Use the Manage Add-ons tool to determine which add-on is causing the issue.

a. Open Internet Explorer.

b. Click Tools, and then click Manage Add-ons.

c. On the Show drop-down menu, select All add-ons to display all add-ons that are installed on the computer.

d. For each item in this list, select the add-on, and then click Disable in the Information window.

e. When you have disabled all the items in this list, click OK.

f. Exit and then restart Internet Explorer.

g. If issues do not reoccur, repeat steps “a” through “c”.

h. Click Enable for a single add-on.

i. Repeat steps “f” through “h” until you determine which add-on causes errors to occur.

Step 3

You may optimize Internet Explorer settings on your computer and check if you can access the links. Access the link below and follow the steps to optimize Internet Explorer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Note:
The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried follow those instructions, but in 'Step 1', the following option is not available: Internet Explorer Performance. So I tried to follow instructions in 'Step 2'. I disabled all add-ons, but of course an embedded Flash object won't show when I disable the Flash add-on. So I turned them all off and left Flash enabled. Still the same error shows. I also tried 'Step 3', but nothing seems to work and solve the problem. I then tried to reset the Internet Explorer settings and tried 'Step 2' once more. This still does NOT solve the problem.

As a last resort I tried to uninstall Internet Explorer 9. Well ... this only resulted in more problems. After uninstalling IE9, Windows 7 should return to use IE8 instead, but this did not happen. There was no Internet Explorer at all after uninstall. Trying to re-install Internet Explorer 8 or 9 did not work either. It kept aborting the install for some reason and I had to do a system restore to get Internet Explorer back. Of course back to IE9 ... Trying to install while having IE9 already only tells me I have a newer version available or does not change anything at all, because IE9 is already installed and should be up-to-date.

Additional info:

I have been in touch with Justin TV to see if they can help me solve this problem. I do get the following browser error report when opening my webpage which contains the embedded Flash objects:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 21:16:52 UTC

Line: 678
Char: 239
Code: 0
URI: http://www-cdn.jtvnw.net/javascripts/f5565fcc_channel.js

Line: 6
URI: http://www-cdn.jtvnw.net/javascripts/0307d753_xarth_embed_chat.js

Line: 678
URI: http://www-cdn.jtvnw.net/javascripts/f5565fcc_channel.js

To me this looks like a BOM (Byte Order Mark) problem?

Anyways, I tried other browsers as well to see if the problem occurs there. Google Chrome, Opera and Firefox all show the page correct without any problems. Oh, I also did a test broadcast to see if it would actually show behind the error message, but it didn't. Although part of the embedded flash does show when I stop broadcasting. It will show the Offline message that JTV shows within the embed, while the error still shows as well. On the webpage in question, I have now got 3 embed codes. The first one being my old embed code for my JTV channel. This embed has always worked and shows no error at all. The second is the embed code for my new Twitch TV broadcast, which shows the error. The third is an exact copy of the first embed code, but strangely enough showing the error. Check it out for yourself on http://devilinpixy.com/p/broadcast.html. I am also willing to include the actual embed code I am using if that might help.

Problem still exists and I don't know what to do next, please help ... !

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Devilin Pixy,

I'm encountering the same error when viewing the website you linked above. For assistance with troubleshooting your website's functionality with Internet Explorer, please reach out to the developer community linked below:
MSDN - Internet Explorer Developer Center - Web Development

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply Steven S.

To be honest, how would this help me? I don't have a problem with setting up my website. I do not need help with my website's functionality at all. All I need is a solution to why IE is being such a pain with embedding a simple flash object. So far all I get is the usual help I have already gone through. This is obviously a problem with Internet Explorer and there must be a solution to this?

No offence, but I hope for better answers to my problem and in my opinion this forum is the right place for it.

Sorry this didn't help.

As a last resort I tried to uninstall Internet Explorer 9.

There was no Internet Explorer at all after uninstall.

Which suggests that you didn't uninstall IE9 (as an update of W7) but just unchecked Internet Explorer (as a component of the OS).    All that does is hide iexplore.exe the main executable used to start the browser and any of its shortcuts.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 21:16:52 UTC

Do you need to be spoofing  IE7  with this site?

---

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply Robert, but I did uninstall IE9 as an update of Windows 7. I pretty well know the difference between uninstalling or turning it off as a component of Win. After the uninstall I was forced to use other browsers, because I could not install any version of IE after that. No IE 8 at all as you would normally expect because it should turn back to the default IE 8 after uninstall. I had to use system restore in safe mode even to be able to get my computer to function with IE again. Back to IE 9 of course, because that was what it was before.

No, I do not need to spoof IE 7 at all as long as it works fine with me. I would assume it is just part of the embed from Justin TV/Twitch TV that spoofs it to be available even for IE 7. Then of course there is another thing. The website is actually a Blogger Blog, so I do not have full control over everything either. Handling of code is sometimes done in weird ways.

Still waiting for a solution. And I do know I am not the only one having this same problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply Robert, but I did uninstall IE9 as an update of Windows 7. I pretty well know the difference between uninstalling or turning it off as a component of Win.

Nevertheless, your symptoms after your "uninstall" suggest that W7's IE9 modules are still there, so your procedure didn't work.   Check the  IE9*.log files.   Perhaps your AV refused to terminate when requested and thus silently inhibited either side of the "uninstall"?   Do you still see an iexplore.exe?   Which version is it?

Notice that W7 no longer has a convenient tool in System Information allowing us to check on all the components of IE that XP has but we can still use  msinfo32.exe  Loaded Modules  list, sorted by Version descending, as clues about which version of browsing support is still installed in the OS.

FYI

Robert
---

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks again Robert and I can understand your thinking. However, I did check to see if there was any trace of any version of Internet Explorer. Too bad , the uninstall was successful. Not a single trace of any IE though and not even IE 8 which you would expect to be there. Another strange thing was the fact I could not install IE either after having uninstalled the IE 9 update. Soon after the download and the actual install starts it aborts. I am seriously thinking of re-installing my complete Windows 7 Ultimate after having backed up anything I need to keep. This of course being a last resort. Still hoping for a solution for now, because I know how time consuming it is to start fresh again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did check to see if there was any trace of any version of Internet Explorer.

Please do the msinfo32.exe diagnostic that I suggested.   Windows will not run without some browsing support whether  iexplore.exe  is there or not.

So, are you also saying that there is no sign of   Internet Explorer   in  Windows Features, checked or unchecked?   Others have made this surprising claim and the only possibilities that I can think of are GPO, e.g. permissions, which are causing that item to be hidden--I don't know how this would be done--or perhaps it can be a consequence of having another browser installed, in particular one which has been authorized to make itself the "default browser".

the uninstall was successful

Which doesn't say that the reinstall of IE8 was successful too, unless it was left hidden, as described above (and because you can't reinstall IE9, regardless of the state of those other modules, I suspect the reinstall was incomplete).   Could you post your  IE9*.log  logs somewhere?   Someone may be able to tell you if they think there is anything missing in them.   ;  )

HTH

Robert
---

Sorry this didn't help.