Question

Q: Internet Explorer Issue: Open in New Tab and Open in New Window fails to open anything in IE8 and IE9 on Windows 7 Home Premium PC This thread is locked from future replies

Tabs and Open in New Window FAILS to open anything in IE8 and IE9 on one of my Windows 7 Home Premium PCs - one of a three-pack. A right-click and Open in New Tab opens a blank tab, does not go to the URL.  Right-click and Open in New Window  does NOT open a new window. With IE8 the Tab has Connecting... displayed, but does not connect to anything. Updated via Windows Update to IE9. With IE9 a new tab opens, Tab is blank, the page is null -  Tabs settings are default in Internet Options.   Other web browsers work normally on the problem PC.   I have reinstalled IE9, backed up to IE8, installed IE9 again, did not fix the Tab and New Window issue. On the other two Windows 7 PCs installed from the same medium IE8 and IE9 work correctly.

Answer

A:

Hello,

1.       Do you get any error message or  error code when you try to open a new tab?

Method 1 : Reset the Internet Explorer settings.

Reset Internet Explorer

Method 2 : Run Internet Explorer in no-addons mode. Follow the step 3 in the below link.

Internet explorer No addons Mode

Method 3 : Re-registering DLL

Go to "Start" -> "Run" -> and register the following dll's by using regsvr32 command:
Regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

Let us know if the issue is resolved or not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Unfortunately I had to resolve the issue before receiving this response.  I did, however try Method 1 and 2.  I reset IE to defaults with no result.  I tried disabling  add-on, no result.  I did not find any reference to the actxprxy.dll in my searches.  The issue was resolved by reinstalling Windows 7.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 9076 Last updated: November 7, 2017 Applies to: