Internet Explorer Issue: Open in New Tab and Open in New Window fails to open anything in IE8 and IE9 on Windows 7 Home Premium PC

Tabs and Open in New Window FAILS to open anything in IE8 and IE9 on one of my Windows 7 Home Premium PCs - one of a three-pack. A right-click and Open in New Tab opens a blank tab, does not go to the URL.  Right-click and Open in New Window  does NOT open a new window. With IE8 the Tab has Connecting... displayed, but does not connect to anything. Updated via Windows Update to IE9. With IE9 a new tab opens, Tab is blank, the page is null -  Tabs settings are default in Internet Options.   Other web browsers work normally on the problem PC.   I have reinstalled IE9, backed up to IE8, installed IE9 again, did not fix the Tab and New Window issue. On the other two Windows 7 PCs installed from the same medium IE8 and IE9 work correctly.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 9,147 Applies to:
Answer

Hello,

1.       Do you get any error message or  error code when you try to open a new tab?

Method 1 : Reset the Internet Explorer settings.

Reset Internet Explorer

Method 2 : Run Internet Explorer in no-addons mode. Follow the step 3 in the below link.

Internet explorer No addons Mode

Method 3 : Re-registering DLL

Go to "Start" -> "Run" -> and register the following dll's by using regsvr32 command:
Regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

Let us know if the issue is resolved or not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer
Unfortunately I had to resolve the issue before receiving this response.  I did, however try Method 1 and 2.  I reset IE to defaults with no result.  I tried disabling  add-on, no result.  I did not find any reference to the actxprxy.dll in my searches.  The issue was resolved by reinstalling Windows 7.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.