Question

Q: Internet Explorer crashes with Event ID 1000 This thread is locked from future replies

Original Title : Event 1000 Application errors

I have just done a fresh install of IE9. As It was recommended in Windows update I assumed it was a mature product not a beta however it appears I was wrong. I have a fully patched version of Windows 7 SP1 Profesional 64-bit installed and I had no problems with browsing using IE8 for the past 2 years

After install of IE9 I get repeated crashes associated with Event 1000 application errors that force me to close my IE9 session. The basic error report looks like the one shown below from event viewer:

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 9.0.8112.16421, time stamp: 0x4d762323

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000

Faulting process id: 0x1b2c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cbf655cae900c9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 0969086a-6249-11e0-9f86-00241d7627de

This repeated error is followed by a Windows information message:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: BEX

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: iexplore.exe

P2: 9.0.8112.16421

P3: 4d76255d

P4: StackHash_a7aa

P5: 0.0.0.0

P6: 00000000

I have googled this error on the internet and I see lots of identical complaints with the same error. Any ideas as to what is causing this or whether it is a problem known to microsoft that they are urgently addressing? I saw in one post that the crashes could be prompted by graphics drivers that conflict with IE9 accelerated graphics functionality all I can say is I am running the latest AMD drivers on my ATi Radeon 5870. Luckily if the problems persist I have a choice of Firefox or Chrome to try

Hi

Try to work with Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) mode and try the steps in the following link:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/internet-explorer/slow-five-tips-to-boost-performance

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

5 people were helped by this reply

Hi Shishira,

Thanks for the advice but didnt really answer my questions in the last paragraph of my original email. I have gone back to IE8 64-bit which works perfectly. I guess I was a little hasty to install IE9 I will probably wait until IE9 SP1 gets released and then upgrade. These annoying little glitches should have been ironed out by then

regards

HowardB

HowardB

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the exact same problem as above, also running IE9 Windows 7 64-bit with all required patches.  One interesting result I'm finding with this upgrade to IE9 is that I am now unable to download ANY files (even patches) now.  Everytime I attempt to download anything, including IE9 to reinstall, IE9 immediately crashes.  This is BETA software that isn't ready to be pushed out to the masses.

I've also tried all the Microsoft "fixes", including disabling add-ons, switching to software rendering but nothing works.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have not had the problem you describe my downloads and updates still work perfectly. If you search in "Microsoft Answers" for event ID 1000 you will see it crops up in multiple problems posts.

In all cases it seems as though Microsoft is pretty mute on troubleshooting the problem or suggesting providing any knowledge as to what triggers an Event 1000 message

HowardB 

HowardB

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 18611 Last updated: November 3, 2017 Applies to: