Internet Explorer 9 "Your Most Popular Sites" - I accidentally clicked on "Never show this site". How can I restore the site on the page?

I have a question about the most popular sites page on IE9 (love it, by the way). I accidentally clicked on the "Never show this site" X button in the corner of one of the sites that I frequent, and I haven't been able to find a way to restore the site to the page. Is there a way to do this, or is it gone forever from my page?

Also, is it just me, or is there no way to get it to show Google Reader as one of the pages there? I use Google Reader a lot, but it only shows a link to the Google homepage (www.google.com) which I really only visit unintentionally instead of the Google Reader page (reader.google.com) which I visit several times per day.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2018 Views 64,278 Applies to:
Answer

I also got the same problem and stumbled into this page. However, there seems to be another simple way to do that:

Use the menu "Tools" -> "Delete Browsing History", then uncheck everything except the first checkbox and "History".

It removes also your browsing history, but other settings are preserved.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

I have a question about the most popular sites page on IE9 (love it, by the way). I accidentally clicked on the "Never show this site" X button in the corner of one of the sites that I frequent, and I haven't been able to find a way to restore the site to the page. Is there a way to do this, or is it gone forever from my page?

use regedit to delete the keys under the following folder and the sites you've chosen never to show will be restored:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TabbedBrowsing\NewTabPage\Exclude

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.