Q: Internet Explorer 9 requires an update before installing. No updates are needed This thread is locked from future replies

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.  When I try to install Internet Explorer 9 I get the message that says an update is required before installation.  There is a button saying Get Update.

I click the button and it takes me to Microsoft's Support site.  On that site there is a lsit of Updates and packages that need to be installed.  I have downlaoded each and every one and they all present the same message, "this updat is not applicable to your system"

I have run Windows Update as well and installed every single update on there still no avail.  I added Microsoft Update to the Windows Update interface and downloaded every single update for every single MS product it presented and still no avail.

I am stuck in a loop here I cannot install Internet Explorer 9 as it insists updates are needed yet my system is completely up to date.

I have tried both Location 1 and Location 2 installers and the one from beautyoftheweb none of these installers work.

I found a solution!

Download the System Update Readiness Tool from:

[use method 2 and select the appropriate version to download]

Run the tool and it will diagnose any problems and fix them automatically.  Once finished you can view the log it creates at:

Reportedly there were 23 errors for me which it fixed.  Once fixed I ran the Internet Explorer 9 installer and it installed.  I restarted and I am now using IE9 without a problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,205 Last updated: March 29, 2017 Applies to: