Internet Explorer 9 requires an update before installing. No updates are needed

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.  When I try to install Internet Explorer 9 I get the message that says an update is required before installation.  There is a button saying Get Update.

I click the button and it takes me to Microsoft's Support site.  On that site there is a lsit of Updates and packages that need to be installed.  I have downlaoded each and every one and they all present the same message, "this updat is not applicable to your system"

I have run Windows Update as well and installed every single update on there still no avail.  I added Microsoft Update to the Windows Update interface and downloaded every single update for every single MS product it presented and still no avail.

I am stuck in a loop here I cannot install Internet Explorer 9 as it insists updates are needed yet my system is completely up to date.

I have tried both Location 1 and Location 2 installers and the one from beautyoftheweb none of these installers work.

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2018 Views 1,259 Applies to:
Answer

I found a solution!

Download the System Update Readiness Tool from:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821/en-us

[use method 2 and select the appropriate version to download]

Run the tool and it will diagnose any problems and fix them automatically.  Once finished you can view the log it creates at:

%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

Reportedly there were 23 errors for me which it fixed.  Once fixed I ran the Internet Explorer 9 installer and it installed.  I restarted and I am now using IE9 without a problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.