Internet Explorer 9 only displays blank pages on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Hello there:

I have actually had this problem with IE9 since March 2011 on a separate machine, running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. After buying a new PC on Tuesday with Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1, and having it download IE9, I expected the error to be fixed. It does not appear so.

I have turned on software rendering and have tried loading IE9 without add-ons, to no avail.

In response to the questions from another thread:
1a. When (approx. date) did you purchase the computer in question?

1b. Did Win7 (64-bit) come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it, did you do a clean install of Win7, or did you upgrade from Vista to Win7?

2. Is Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (already) installed? See...

• Which version of the Windows operating system am I running?
      http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/which-version-of-the-windows-operating-system-am-i-running

3. What is the full name of your installed anti-virus application or security suite and when (approx. date) does your current subscription expire?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender) are installed?  What third-party firewall (if any)?

4. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer?

5. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [pick one] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

6. Are ALL of the following updates listed in View installed updates (not Update History)? [1]

• KB2641690, KB2588516, KB2620704, KB2617657; KB2586448, KB2570947, KB2616676, KB2567680 & KB2556532

• KB2572076 or KB2572077 [<=TELL ME WHICH ONE]

7. When (exact date) was Windows Internet Explorer 9 installed according to Update History (this time)? [2]

8. Is Firefox, Chrome or any other alternate browser installed?

9. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; Advanced SystemCare; AVG PC TuneUp; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; CCleaner)?

my answers are:

1a. January 2012.
1b. Pre-installed.
2. Yes.
3. McAfee Security Center, expiring November 2012. Defender is the only anti-spyware solution I am using. The McAfee Firewall is being used. I’d tell you more but IE9 also takes out the McAfee display.
4. No.
5. No.
6. I am missing KB2586448, KB2616676, KB2572076 and KB2572077, though I will search for them.
7. Today, January 26, 2012, though it has attempted to install IE9 on earlier days.
8. Firefox 9 is also installed. After IE9’s installation a few days ago, it actually took out Firefox as well and both browsers behaved the same way. Even after restoring the machine to an earlier state, Firefox never ran the same again. I have to now use XP compatibility with Firefox.
9. No.

The machine is running the following specs:

Gigabyte H67MA-USB3-B3 motherboard
Intel Sandy Bridge Core i5, running at 3·3 GHz
8 Gbyte RAM
GeForce GTX550 Ti with 1 Gbyte RAM

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2018 Views 18,346 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Fixed: missing system fonts. You don’t actually need the exact fonts, since IE9 only accesses TTFs (never mind if you have PFBs and OTFs installed), as long as something bearing their names appears.

Postscript: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyser reports there are no missing updates of any kind, and no vulnerabilities on this system.
Jack Yan
jackyan.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.