Internet Explorer 8-9: Why Tabs Are Non-Responsive And Don't Show Content?

Okay this is confusing but it is not that i don't see actual tabs but i don't see anything in browser. Take a look at this

Here are more details

It seems as new tab's window is covered by previous tab's content but you can see how cursor changes as i navigate to page elements located in a new tab's window and not previous. This happens frequently and i don't know what might be a problem. This video

shows better what is going on. Maximizing video will be better as you will see more details.

Internet Explorer 9 is really buggy for me. Not only it creates what it looks to be unresponsive new tab when following link, but it gives me these errors:

Bug #1

Bug #2

After downgrading to Internet Explorer 8 today, same bugs occur. Just look on screenshot with 2 unresponsive tabs:

Bug #3

UPDATE: After downgrading to 8.0 i now sometimes get blinking window. Sometimes i get message that says something like out of memory, but in this video you can observe blinking window only

UPDATE 2: I have now in addition to blinking windows the following message (which you can watch in video here

):

"Out of memory at line: 3"

My System's Parameters:

DELL E6420

Windows 7 Enterprise

4GB of RAM

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 (now downgraded Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514)

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2018 Views 319 Applies to:

Hi,

Have you uninstalled any toolbar that might cause the interference?

Method 1:

I would suggest you to refer the link for how to reset Internet explorer.

Reset Internet Explorer 7 settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Reset-Internet-Explorer-7-settings

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature

Method 2:

Temporarily disable the antivirus software running on the computer and then restart the computer.

Disable antivirus software

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Disable-antivirus-software

Warning: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It seems as new tab's window is covered by previous tab's content but you can see how cursor changes as i navigate to page elements located in a new tab's window and not previous.

I think you were trying to change tabs unreasonably quickly.   At least your videos gave that impression.   How much time are you giving for a tab to appear before you try clicking on another one?   In IE9 we no longer have a "progress bar" in the Status bar but there is a "busy ring" icon in the Address bar and Tab label or you could use IE9's Developer Tools Network Capture tool to see what is going on.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems as new tab's window is covered by previous tab's content but you can see how cursor changes as i navigate to page elements located in a new tab's window and not previous.

I think you were trying to change tabs unreasonably quickly.   At least your videos gave that impression.   How much time are you giving for a tab to appear before you try clicking on another one?   In IE9 we no longer have a "progress bar" in the Status bar but there is a "busy ring" icon in the Address bar and Tab label or you could use IE9's Developer Tools Network Capture tool to see what is going on.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

I have reset settings, i have downgraded to 8.0 and not only helped, but i have noticed another problem which you can see in video in updated question.

Sorry this didn't help.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Please see my updated question with a link to video where i tried reproducing the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Boris_yo,

Take a look at the following similar thread with a possible fix:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/unable-to-open-new-tabs-or-new-windows-in-any/26da2ff1-8660-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5?page=2

Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.