Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

IE9 won't display Google maps

Aussie Greg asked on

How do I get IE9 to display Google Maps? I've tried Compatibility View, but it only shows bits of the maps. I would use Bing maps, but they are not nearly as comprehensive as Google....try entering this in Google and Bing ..'.Fortune Town Shopping Mall Bangkok Thailand'. Google finds it, even has a photo, but can't display it.... Bing can't even find it! 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.Aussie Greg

8 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Joe-C. replied on

Greg

Since google maps uses Java Scripting do you have the lastest Java updates installed?

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Also can you double check and make sure Java Scripting is enabled.

To enable Java Script from Internet Explorer:

· Open Internet Explorer

· Select the Tools drop down

· Select Internet Options

· Click the Security Tab

· Select the Internet globe

· Select Custom Level

· Locate Active Scripting and make sure Enable is marked

· Locate Scripting of Java applets and make sure Enable is marked

7 people found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
mchugj replied on

How do I get IE9 to display Google Maps? I've tried Compatibility View, but it only shows bits of the maps. I would use Bing maps, but they are not nearly as comprehensive as Google....try entering this in Google and Bing ..'.Fortune Town Shopping Mall Bangkok Thailand'. Google finds it, even has a photo, but can't display it.... Bing can't even find it! 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.Aussie Greg

Internet Explorer 9 with windows 7 operating system. Issue: After update from Internet Explorer 8 to Internet Explorer 9 I had issues with Flash player Videos and Google Maps Street View.

To fix it I suggest:

Find the (64-Bit) version of Internet Explorer 9, Icon is located in the start -> Programs menu, Next

Go to START -> PROGRAMS -> COMPUTER / PROPERTYS Check if System type = 64 Bits.

If yes! Go to Adobe website and download the latest 64 bit Flash Player 10 software Bata release. Then go to Java website download the latest 64 bit release of Java Scripts Active X

Then shut off and On the PC, once your computer powers up everything should be working.

This worked for me so I wanted to pass it on. Good luck John

1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress