IE9 doesn't keep visited sites highlighted after refresh or restart

I find that IE9 doesn't keep my visited sites/links highlighted. I have tried deleting of History, Temp Files etc as suggested on another post. Reluctantly. Unlike a lot of people, I actually want to keep my history, and find it annoying that so many progams decide to take over and delete these sites I've visited in homage to "privacy". So. I'm trying to be careful to avoid any deletions made surreptitiously by those programs. Could it be they may be slipping in, doing their "cleaning" without my knowing? I didn't have this problem with IE8. I also keep my temp files in a separate partition, which hasn't caused any problems either.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 3,003 Applies to:
Answer

It seems that forgetting sites visited is a bit selective.

I do get html pages changing their colour, and surprisingly, keep that change across the days.

But not my pdf links... which is my biggest problem.

Hi,

I could only recall one site where I had downloaded PDF files recently, so I revisited that site. The PDF links didn't show as visited until I went to Internet Options> General> Accessibility and checked "Ignore colors specified on webpages." Then they showed as visited. But... that may have been specific to that one page and that setting will cause display problems on many pages.

Try that on several different sites if possible.

Don

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.