Getting 404 error on IE9 when loading website. Works on all other browsers

I have been really struggling to find a solution to this issue. My website www.shankasolutions.com will not load on Internet Explorer 9. It comes up for a brief second and then I get a 404 page not found error. The website works fine on previous versions of IE, Chrome and Firefox.

Several of my visitors are telling me that they can't access my website with IE9 either. I tried local solutions (clearing the cache, resetting security settings on IE etc) but still can't get it to work.

I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated January 4, 2019 Views 4,560 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
its in jquery.jtweetsanywhere-1.3.1.css .... (jtweetsanywhere is the offending module)
.jta-tweet-body-list-profile-image-present
{
background-color:#fff;
margin-left: 48px;
border:1px solid #c8c8c8;
behavior: url(PIE.htc); /*IE fix for: border-radius, box-shadow,
border-image, multiple background images, linear-gradient as background
image*/
-moz-border-radius: 4px; /* Firefox */
-webkit-border-radius: 4px; /* Safari, Google Chrome
*/
-khtml-border-radius: 4px; /* KHTML */
-o-border-radius: 4px; /* Opera */
-ms-border-radius: 4px; /* IE8 */
-icab-border-radius: 4px; /* Icab */
border-radius:4px; /* CSS3 */
padding:10px;
position:relative;
}
so the OP has to go to the jtweetsanywhere download page and download PIE.htc and place it in the same folder as jquery.jtweetsanywhere.css (I could be wrong..... jtweetsanywhere does a lot of google analytics and dynamically adding other modules from the google api loader)... normally IE would not choke with a missing htc file ... inside there is a call to jQuery 1.4.2 from google api loader (1.7.2 is called from the landing page), which in turn is calling the console object...

I don't think IE10 uses htc as there are css 3 replacements.
Rob^_^ wang'you

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I use Httpwatch and that clearly shows no call for a PIE.htc.

Then I would wonder about Security options.   E.g. there may be one which says don't allow  .htc  and then that would avoid the fetch of any  .htc  including ones which aren't there.   <eg>

BTW I'm back on IE10 and now see that the problem symptom does not happen in IE10 mode but does happen in any emulated mode.   Also, even in IE10 mode there is a 404 in the trace.   The really significant difference I suspect is that in the problem case there are two 404; the second occurs after a bunch of .png are fetched.

So Rob may be right about the PIE element being replaced by some HTML5; e.g., then that is what is avoiding the second 404 and the problem.   I suppose his idea that PIE means Pie chart is correct but at first I thought it could have something to do with the recovery from that SEC error.   In OS/370  PIE stands for Program Interrupt Element.   <eg>

What I think is probably a bug in IE is the fact that the 404 takes over the whole tab but I can't figure out how to see why that is happening.   One thing I thought of is turning off   Automatically recover from page layout errors...  but that doesn't seem to matter--unless it is an option which requires Restart?   I'll test that JIC.

---

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.