Flash not working on IE 9 beta. cnet.com says to upgrade the flash player

Original title: Flash not working on IE 9

When I first installed it, it automatically kept popping up and closing down due to errors. I now have disabled the add ons but non working version with add ons is the default browser and I can not change it to the removed add on version. Also, this affected another computer in my network although I did not downoad the beta version of IE on that computer all. When trying to visit CNET.com, I get this error message.

We’ve detected that you need to upgrade or install Flash to view our library of thousands of tech videos. Installing Flash is fast, free, and easy! Simply follow the instructions from your browser, orclick here to install/upgrade the free Flash player.

Please advise how to get my mother's IE working again and restoring flash to my IE 9 beta. I am not sure what add ons are needed and which slow down the internet as they suggest. I have not seen the add on manager option on the browser that shows the speeds.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 10,960 Applies to:
Answer
Hi,
Let’s try the below steps check if this works.

Step 1: Uninstall and reinstall adobe flash player.

How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Download and install the latest Adobe flash player for internet explorer form the link below
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Step 2: Reset internet explorer settings.
Refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings (This article can also be used for internet explorer 9)

Step 3: Check for error messages in event viewer. If you find any error messages then post back the exact error message so that we can assist you better.

Steps to check Application Event log:

a. Click on start.
b. In the search box type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
c. Now click on Application under Event Viewer (local).
d. Now look for event log on right hand side of the Event Viewer windows.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-Event-Viewer 
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

Internet Explorer Solution Center
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/13418#tab0

Thanks and Regards
Umesh P - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

[If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

I got this error when I tried to re install flash. Apparently only the beta version of Adobe flash called "square" will work with IE9 beta. I clicked on the link, downloaded my correct version and now videos play.

Install Adobe Flash Player

2.7 MB

Adobe Flash Player version 10.1
Windows, Internet Explorer
Different operating system or browser?

Learn more |System requirements |Distribute Flash Player | Installation instructions

This version of Flash Player is not designed for Internet Explorer 9 Beta.Download a preview of Flash Player that includes optimized support for Internet Explorer 9 Beta from Adobe Labs.

Adobe Labs Downloads
Flash Player "Square" Preview Release

This page contains download information for the developer preview release of Adobe® Flash® Player "Square" (codename). Flash Player "Square" enables 64-bit and enhanced Internet Explorer 9 support.Release versions of Flash Player 10.1 are available from the Flash Player Download Center on Adobe.com.

Learn more about Flash Player "Square"

By downloading the software listed below, I acknowledge that I have read and agreed to the terms of theFlash Player "Square" License, theAdobe.com Terms of Use and theAdobe Online Privacy Policy.

Flash Player "Square"
Version Preview 1
Date Sep 15, 2010

The following downloads provide the Flash Player "Square" installers for Linux, Mac and Windows operating systems. This preview release is designed for evaluation purposes only. We do not recommended that this release be used on production systems or for any mission-critical work.

Important: Please note that if you install the Flash Player "Square" preview, you will need to keep this version up to date by manually installing updates from the Flash Player "Square" download page on Adobe Labs. You will not receive automatic update notifications for future final releases of Flash Player, and you will need to manually uninstall Flash Player "Square" before installing a final shipping version of Flash Player.

32-bit 64-bit Uninstallation

Please uninstall any previous versions of Flash Player before installing this prerelease build.

To revert to the shipping version of Flash Player 10, follow the instructions below, then install theshipping version of Flash Player 10.

Windows
  1. 32-bit: Download the Flash Player "Square" for 32-bit Windows uninstaller
    64-bit: Download the Flash Player "Square" for 64-bit Windows uninstaller
  2. Go to your download folder.
  3. Find the uninstaller file, double-click it and follow the prompts.
Macintosh
  1. Download the Flash Player "Square" for Mac OS X uninstaller
  2. Go to your download folder.
  3. Find the uninstaller file, double-click it and follow the prompts.
Linux

For manual removal, delete the libflashplayer.so binary file in the plugins folder of your browser. Refer to your browser vendor for the location of this folder.

Home | Technologies | Wiki |Download | Community | Showcase |RSS Feeds | Search | About Adobe Labs |Adobe.com Home | Support | Developer Connection

Copyright © 2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Your use of the Adobe Labs including the download of software, submission of comments, ideas, feature requests and techniques, and Adobe's rights to use such submitted materials, is governed by theAdobe.com Terms of Use and theAdobe Privacy Policy.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.