activex in IE9 - How do I download Crystal report ActiveX in Internet Explorer 9?

how do I download Crystlal report activex in IE9
|

Hi,

• What exactly you are trying to accomplish?
  • Did you receive any error message?

Reply back with more information which help us to understand the issue better.

Also refer:

How to ask a question

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Microsoft-Forum Moderator

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

how do I download Crystlal report activex in IE9

I'm trying to determine what is going wrong with this process now and how to allow the Crystal ActiveX viewer to proceed more smoothly as it did with previous IE versions.  For the moment, the only solution I've found is to manually install the ActiveX control first.

ReCrystallize Pro includes an ActiveX manual installation MSI file.  It will install this MSI by default under c:\inetpub\wwwroot\crystalreportviewers115\ActiveXManualInstall .  This is for the Crystal XI R2 ActiveX viewer. 

You can download the ActiveX MSI file to the client and run it to manually install the ActiveX viewer.  Then, when you go back to a web page that uses the control, IE 9 will prompt and install normally. 

Here is a link to the ReCrystallize Pro page with the download:

ReCrystallize Pro

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We cant see or download Crystal reports viewer or broker to see our reports on our website we are using Windows 7 pro with Internet Explorer 9.IE 8 worked with no issuses . please help?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just had to help a user with this issue.  We're running an ancient version of Crystal Reports, but all of our users just upgraded to Win7 x64 Enterprise and IE9.  

I was able to get the reports to be displayed properly as well as be printed.  The solution is a two-step process.  The second step is not one I would recommend for most enterprises, as it involves opening up a hole in one's browser that I'm not keen on allowing by-and-large.

Step 1 was to open the Developer Console in IE9 and choose: "Internet Explorer 8" as the Browser Mode. 

When I tried to then open the report, I got a prompt to install an ActiveX control.  This failed because the signature could not be verified, which led me to...

Step 2, which was to go to Internet Options>Advanced>Security and select "Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid."

Once again, I would like to stress that this is not a great idea to allow wholesale across an enterprise.  If you do decide to use it, make sure that other software and ActiveX security settings (in the per-zone settings, for instance) are set to minimize the ability of any code to run unhindered or unannounced (i.e., if you can't completely disable unsigned ActiveX controls or those not marked as safe, at least set them to prompt for user approval before running.)

After completing Steps 1 and 2 above, I was able to allow the users who needed Crystal Reports the ability to use it once again.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OMG, I'm a total NEWBIE to anything IT/computer but I've been PROWLING the web for the past 6 hours trying to figure out how to make ActiveXviewer.cab WORK on IE9 in Windows 7 32-bit.....FINALLY, YOUR instructions SOLVED MY PROBLEM!!!!!!!  Thank you so much!!  I can go to BED NOW!  :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1. Run IE as administrator, do the above two steps as MarcBrunetti said

2. after install the ActiveX. IE9 sometimes automatically disables it for some reason. 

Go to Tools-> manage add-ons, then change "currently loaded add-ons" to "all Add-ons",

Find the Crystal report ActiveX and enable it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have recently downloaded Internet Explorer 9 as an update but unfortunately certain cites like "google mail" requires that I enable Active X which , after a thorough check , I found out is already enabled and running but google mail wont open nor other sites or updates for flashplayer for eg. I keep getting the notification that Active X is disabled which is not the case. I have decided to uninstall IE9 and went back automatically to IE8 which is running perfectly and Acttive X is enabled and working. I really liked IE9 for its speed but what can I do about this problem? I have Windows 7 Ultimate service pack 2 running on my Dell inspiron computer

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You may want to look at a product like rePORTAL. It allows you to quickly publish Crystal and SSRS reports on the web securely, without any need for coding.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2020 Views 50,564 Applies to:

Related Forum