acciedentaly i pressed the clear SSL state on internet options, what should i do to reinstall

IN INTERNET OPTIONS, CONTENT MODE, CERTIFICATES - IF I PRESS CLEAR SSL STATE, WHAT WL HAPPEN.

WL I LOOSE THE SECURE CONNECTION,

ALSO MOST OF THE TIME THE LOCK KEY IS NOT APPEARING WITH MOST OF THE WEB NAMES, WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2019 Views 8,358 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thanks for posting the question.

As per the description, you queried about the effects of clearing the SSL(Secured Socket Layer) State.

No you will not loose the secure connection.

Lock key appears with the websites that are secure.

If you click Clear SSL State on the Content tab in the Internet Options dialog box, you can remove all client authentication certificates from the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) cache.

In an SSL session (using https://), when a server asks for a certificate to verify that you are who you say you are, the chosen certificate is saved in a cache. The chosen certificate can remain in the cache until you restart your computer. Clicking the Clear SSL State button removes all certificates from the cache without having to restart your computer.

Hope this information helps.         

Reply to us if you face any issues with SSL state or any other Windows Issue, and we would be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day!

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.