flash player

I have Vista on one of my computers and for some reason, it tells me I need to install Flash Player when I try to watch videos.  Even after I install the new Flash Player, it doesn't recognize it, and once again prompts me to install it.  The only way I have found around it is to re-install the browser.  Afterwards, everything works fine until I start the computer next time.  Then the process starts again.  Why do I have to re-install the browser to get it to recognize the flash player?  I have tried several different browsers with the same results (IExplorer, Avant, Orca, etc). 

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2018 Views 1,547 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Colby111 & GZFrank,

Let’s try these few steps if you haven’t already

Reset your Internet Explorer Settings then re-install adobe flash

To use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature from Control Panel, follow these steps:

1.       Exit all programs, including Internet Explorer (if it is running).

Click Start, tCollapse this imageExpand this imageype the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:

inetcpl.cpl

The Internet Options dialog box appears.

2.       Click the Advanced tab.

3.       Under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click Reset. Then click Reset again.

4.       When Internet Explorer finishes resetting the settings, click Close in the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.

5.     Start Internet Explorer again.

We hope this resolves the issue and look forward to hearing back from you on your results.

David O
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our and let us know what you think.
David O

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.