Graphics not showing in IE8, Windows 7.

I just installed a laptop and a desktop for a client both have Windows 7.  The desktop has no problems, however the laptop does not show all pictures.  I have checked the Tools and Advanced Options and Pictures are checked to be shown.  For example from Yahoo's main page , Yahoo Sites the text is shown but the none of the icons are shown.  Under the Today section the picture IS displayed correctly.  If I goto Advance Options and remove the check box to show pictures, the picture is not shown (in other words this works as it is supposed to).  Also all the boxes around each section are dark black where on the desktop they are a light grey.  Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 1,794 Applies to:
Answer
Hi merlintn,

Try the following steps and check the result.
Step 1: Clear temporary Internet files
a. See Pictures are not displayed on Web sites in Internet Explorer
b. Follow all the steps one by one from the article and check the result.

Step 2: If the issue persists, try optimizing Internet Explorer (IE) and check the result.
a. See How to optimize Internet Explorer
b. Follow all the steps one by one from the article and check the result.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.