Cannot access bank website

Original Title: Customer having trouble with our web site after getting new computer

I have a customer that has a new computer and tries to log in with his ID and password onto our bank site and an error about his browser keeps popping up and not allowing him to access his account information.  He has a dial up connection with NetZero.  I am at a loss with this and he is able to access his account on his work computer just fine.  We have been trying to solve this issue for 2 weeks now.  I (he) really needs some help with this before he goes to another bank and experiences the same problem

Thanks so much

Service Rep

Question Info

Last updated October 8, 2018 Views 2,429 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Service Rep,

• Do you know the error by any chance?

First try suggested steps by IECUSTOMIZER, check to see if the problem is solved.

If that does not help then you can try optimizing Internet Explorer and see if that helps.

How to optimize Internet Explorer

Regards,
Syed N – Microsoft Support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi,

Tools>Internet Options, Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

Add your Bank's login web site to the Trusted Sites Zone (Sites button on the Security tab, Trusted Sites Zone).

Some banks use a number of sub domians to provide content to their login pages. In this case you may have to add something like

*.mybank.com to their trusted web sites zone.

Your Programmers should be aware of the issues (they will be monitoring the sites) and should let everyone know the requirements for accessing your secure sites.

My Bank has a test page that users can use to check if their browser has the correct settings to access the login page.

Regards.

Rob^_^
Rob^_^ wang'you

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.