Question

Q: Internet Connection Access Controller

Hi - Does anyone know a free program (from a company that can be trusted) to controller internet connection access?  I want to be able to connect to the internet via password once per time I'm on the computer and have it disconnect automatically when I put the computer on standby or when it switches users.  The reason I'm not doing this through the modem settings page automatically is because I also have a wireless connection that I want to always be on (so that all I have to do is connect wirelessly with no extra steps on the computer).  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Answer

A:

Hello Niagara94,

A different way to reach the end goal of controlling who can access the Internet would be to set up Parental Controls on your computer. This will allow you and any other user you specify to use the Internet, but the other monitored accounts could be set to no access.

You can find more information here:

Windows Live Family Safety (can be used by Windows XP, Vista or 7)

Windows Vista – Parental Controls

Windows 7 – Parental Controls

Hope that helps.

Steven
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer

A:

Hi Niagara,

Microsoft Windows does not have any applications to control or manage Internet connection access.

However, you may try to search internet using your favorite search engine to check if you can find any software or application tocontrol or manage Internet connection access.

Note: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R

Microsoft Support.

Visit ourMicrosoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 497 Last updated: May 16, 2018 Applies to: