No toolbars and cant download Anything

I have Windows XP Professional with service pack 2, and Internet Explorer 7.  Automatic updates were turned on & I selected to upgrade to Internet Explorer 8. After the upgrade, everything on the internet was huge & blurry, so I did a system restore to a point before I had installed IE8. Now I have NO toolbars on IE7. No windows explorer toolbars & no internet explorer toolbars, I can't download anything, I can't print from the internet, I can not cut and paste from the internet to any other application. I disabled all firewalls. I ran Spyware Search & Destroy scans. I deleted the registry values for ITBARLayout. I right clicked & left clicked on every inch of my screen to see if I could get an option to view toolbar. Please help!!

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 1,009 Applies to:
Answer

Hey Cherryinparadise,

The inability to open Internet Options is usually caused by malware. Take a look at this thread for advice on malware removal.

My Internet Explorer has been hijacked by a virus

If that doesn’t fully restore your browser, it would be best for you to begin a new question/thread for assistance, since your symptoms are similar but different than the original poster to this thread.

Steven
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.