Question

Q: Windows 7 randomly freezing up multiple programs...

Hello,

Have had Windows 7 installed on a month old laptop, been having the same issue from the start, but was too lazy to fix it.

About 70% of the time everything runs smoothly, but every once in awhile this massive ugly bug happens.  Youtube won't load, games won't open, some programs don't open...they all freeze up when they're loading.  Youtube freezes up IE, when booting up Warcraft 3 I get stuck on the black loading screen...lots of other programs are affected, too.  I have no idea why the bug happens, and it just pops up randomly...can't even seem to find a cause for it.

However, when this bug isn't happening, none of these problems occure.  I can't seem to find any relationship between the problems other than they all freeze at the loading screen.  Restarting the computer is annoying but usually fixes the problem...help!

Answer

A:

It sounds like you may have a few separate issues here:

- run Windows Update and make sure all Important & Recommended updates get installed.
- check that your graphics & sound card drivers are up to date.
- launch 32-Bit version of IE8 & go to www.adobe.com . Download and install Flash Player.
- only use the 32-Bit version of IE8 until further notice if you want 32-Bit applications such as Flash (used for web videos, web games, etc.)

If you need further info., please supply following info.:

- Version of Windows (e.g. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit)
- full hardware details
- which security software you have currently installed
- which security software has there ever been on your laptop (even if it has now been uninstalled).

All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,246 Last updated: May 16, 2018 Applies to: