Website restore error

So today when i tryed to play a game witch i have been for several years on the same computer, it redirects me when i click play now. This redirection says Internet Explorer has stoped trying to restore this website. It appears the website countinues to have a problem.

The thing is its only my computer that this site does not work with, i have tryed my brother's computer witch is direcley in the other room and it worked fine so therefor it is not the websites problem.

I have tryed rebooting my computer useing Internet Explorer Fix it and trying another Internet source but still no luck, it seems as if something is blocking me from entering the site but i have been on it that afternoon.

I recently posted this on the games fourums and it seems it has only been me with the problem people suggested to use Command Promt to ip Flush and clearing my chache but again no luck..

Please help me out here is this a Internet problem or is it something to do with my computer.

Question Info

Last updated October 7, 2018 Views 37,817 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Jcdubs,

a. What is the game that you are trying to play?

b. Which website you are trying to access?

c. Do you get this error with all the websites or only this website?

You should try to access this website in No-add on mode as some of the add-ons could be blocking you from accessing the website.

Method 1: Run Internet Explorer in "No Add-Ons" mode

You can try Internet Explorer without Add-ons. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Step1:

Run Internet Explorer in "No Add-Ons" mode

1.      Click Start, and then type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box.

2.      Click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons). Internet Explorer opens without add-ons, toolbars, or plug-ins.

3.      Test Internet Explorer to verify that it works correctly. If it works then you can disable add-ons (follow step 2).

Step 2:

Use the Manage Add-ons tool to determine which add-on is causing the issue

1.      Open Internet Explorer 8.

2.      Click Tools, and then click Manage Add-ons.

3.      On the Show drop-down menu, select All add-ons to display all add-ons that are installed on the computer.

4.      For each item in this list, select the add-on, and then click Disable in the Information window.

5.      When you have disabled all the items in this list, click OK.

6.      Exit and then restart Internet Explorer.

7.      If issues do not reoccur, repeat steps 1 through 3.

8.      Click Enable for a single add-on.

9.      Repeat steps 6 through 8 until you determine which add-on causes errors to occur.

Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/e85a03aa-c7c6-428e-9891-67ea76df9b7e1033.mspx

For more information refer to the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Manasa P –Microsoft Support

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.