Suggestions for full-screen browsing with IE

This is not a question but a suggestion.  I couldn't find any more appropriate place to post it.

I use full-screen browsing as much as possible to maximize my screen real estate, and have found a few things that would help make this easier.

1- When a new page is loading, show the status of the connection to the website on the main screen.  The problem is that the connection progress is normally displayed to the user on a browser tab, status bar or system tray, but all these areas are hidden in full-screen mode so there is no information for the user to know the status of his connection attempt.

2- When opening a new tab in full-screen mode (either with the cursor or using ctrl+t), the new tab opens and then the screen immediately maximises again.  Of course, opening a new tab is only the first step in the process.  We still need to enter a web address, or search term, or select from the favourites or history menus, so the menus and tabs should remain visible until the user has launched a website.  Or, IE can go back to full-screen after the user clicks on a space inside the new tab.

3- As far as I know there is no shortcut key to access the internet search dialog box like there is to access the address bar (F4).  I think one of the function keys should be used to give one-button instant access to the search field.

FYI I am using IE8 on Vista Home Premium, if that matters.  I think this functionality would be beneficial to users of all different versions, especially given the preponderance of laptops, netbooks, and the upcoming release of Chrome OS!

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2018 Views 450 Applies to:
Answer

Hello,

You could post the suggestion in Microsoft Connect Forums or can give your suggestion HERE for quick Response.

Regards,

Yaaser - Microsoft Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.