Have AT&T service.wireless service via 5530 HSPA mini card modem (Installed at Factory Dell) Computer orginally have Vista Ultimate installed with Windows 7 upgrade. After I up graded to 7 internt connection is via Internet Explorer 8. Connection via ?
IPv4 nothing on IPv6. Is there something about this connection that slows down speed? Wifi connnection has not worked (link 5300 AGN modem) both have excellent signal strength. Computer is running Macfee sercurity and is used at home Can anyone help slow and
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
First I would suggest you to try to put both the computer in clean boot state to make sure that and third party applications are not causing this issue and check if everything works fine.
To perform a clean boot, follow the steps below:
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check if the internet speed is fine.
Also, see the section on how return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual”.
Since you have mentioned that you have Mcafee installed on your computer, you may try to temporarily disable Mcafee on your computer and check if the Internet speed is good. If the issue is fixed by disabling Mcafee I would suggest you to contact Mcafee
support to check if there is any setting that needs to be changed and also re-enable Mcafee after checking with the issue.