Error Code 400 then Error Code 1000 then just the "Bing Bar has encountered an error. Please close all browse"

For at least the past three weeks I have been getting a message every time I open IE8 in Windows 7 x64bit. Initially it said that the Bing Bar had encountered an error and listed Error Code 400. Then later that changed to Error Code 100, and now it just says that "The Bing Bar has encountered an error. Please close all browse" with only the help circle to the right. It no longer shows the temperature either. I have written many times and have yet to get an answer or any suggestion as to how to correct the situation. The Bing Search page still opens normally and performs searches as it should. I'm getting very tired of this and want it to be corrected. I have tried closing the browser many times as well as every night. Please give me some indication of how to go about fixing this.   

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 3,973 Applies to:
Answer
For at least the past three weeks I have been getting a message every time I open IE8 in Windows 7 x64bit. Initially it said that the Bing Bar had encountered an error and listed Error Code 400. Then later that changed to Error Code 100, and now it just says that "The Bing Bar has encountered an error. Please close all browse" with only the help circle to the right. It no longer shows the temperature either. I have written many times and have yet to get an answer or any suggestion as to how to correct the situation. The Bing Search page still opens normally and performs searches as it should. I'm getting very tired of this and want it to be corrected. I have tried closing the browser many times as well as every night. Please give me some indication of how to go about fixing this.   

Have you tried disabling the toolbar?   You may even see a close button on it you could try.   Otherwise, try unchecking it via  View, Toolbars...  (Alt-V,T)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.