In IE8, "A" link with "target" no longer work

Dear Sir,

I have Windows 7 running IE8. After I installed some software, some links in web pages are no longer working. I notice that those "A" links have a "target" with something like "_blank", which would open a new IE window or a tab. Basically, the phenomenon is, when I click that link, a new tab is created with caption “Connecting to …”. The tab is always empty, and the address box shows the URL of the original page.

However, for those links which open the web page in the same IE window, seem working fine.

I would like to repair the IE8 or Windows 7. But I don’t know how.

It’s greatly appreciated if someone can provide some solution.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 475 Applies to:
Answer

If you tried the RESET option, then you essentially restored IE to it's original condition.  You can try a system repair/upgrade if you think that will help but I would do a backup before doing this.  I thnk that's a bit of overkill but then again it very well might resolve the problem.  The decision is yours.

Good luck!

Lorien - MCSE/MCSA/Network+/A+ --- If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.