I have created an embedded web browser control (using iwebbrowser2) and I have a problem: It doesn't seem to be able to load java. I also tried loading
http://www.javatester.org/version.html, but no version is shown. However, the standalone IE shows it allright.
From what I understand, this is caused by the fact that, unlike standalone IE, iwebbrowser2 still tries to use Microsoft JVM, which is no longer in use since the times of XP.
I tried the Java workaround of adding JAVA_PLUGIN_WEBCONTROL_ENABLE = TRUE to the environment variables, but it doesn't help at all.
I have Vista with IE8, but the same thing happens an all WinOS >= XP and all IE >= v.6
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.