Question

Q: IE8 MEMORY LEAK!?!?!?! HELP NOW This thread is locked from future replies

So, a couple days ago, I installed Internet Explorer 8. I was sick of IE7 sucking so much memory up, nearly 1.5 gigabytes of RAM. But I was wrong that upgrading would help. Whenever I start up IE8, it takes up about 50,000 kilobytes of memory, not so bad. 30 minutes and 15 webpages later, Internet Explorer is up to 400,000, which isn't that bad, right? Nope. 45 minutes later, Internet Explorer is slowing down, and using a whooping 1.43 MILLION kilobytes, nearly 3/4 of my ENTIRE RAM. 1 minute later, IE8 stops working all together. My first suspicions lead me to believe that add-ons* were causing this madness, so I deleted and uninstalled all of them. Didn't work. Deleted all the temporary files. No beef. I searched the web for answers, but I found none. The problem is so annoying I've been using my old Sony VAIO, instead of my Vista. Please help!

*By that I mean the Google Toolbar and MSN Bar

Answer

A:

I think you need to consider what the "15 webpages" were and what their implementation is.  Can you visit them effectively in  No Add-ons mode?  What about with scripting disabled?  Etc.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,942 Last updated: February 12, 2018 Applies to: