Website text size very small

I got a new Dell Laptop with Windows 7.

For some reason, all websites appear with text in a really small font size. I've tried increasing font size and even set it to appear in largest text size. The problem is, then it's way too big and looks cartoonish. I also set it to make pages appear in 125% and 150%, which is also way too big and distorts the page.

I also lowered page resolution, but that doesn't work because the system has it set at the max, which is the suggested setting.

Any ideas as to why Windows 7 and Internet Explorer and Firefox looks so different than XP or Vista, etc?

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 4,093 Applies to:
Answer
...This is definitely a bug and Windows needs to resolve it. I've got a Dell studio xps laptop with all the bells and whistles.

I dunno about that. Assuming you're running Win7 on the XPS laptop, this sounds more like a Dell hardware (laptop model) issue. Check the Dell Notebook forum and see if others are reporting the same problem. If not, begin a new thread.
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.