Can't stay signed in to a website.

First, my apologies if this takes a while to explain.  We have 2 laptops.  Mine runs Vista and IE8.  My partner's was originally running Vista when he bought it last spring.  He recently had it upgraded to Windows 7 (64-bit version) and IE8.  There is a website that we both sign on to with the SAME user id/password.  I have no problems.  He continually gets bounced out and it acts like he never signed in.  He tries to look at something and it says he is not a member and to please sign in.  Or it says he has been idle too long and to please sign in again (when he's been right there trying to click on something).  Every time he tries to click on something, it bounces him out.  You can imagine the frustration this is causing.  He did not have this problem until his PC was upgraded to Windows 7 and IE8.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Just for full disclosure this is an adult website and he doesn't have problems with any other website.  Help!

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 611 Applies to:
Answer

There is a website that we both sign on to with the SAME user id/password.  I have no problems.  He continually gets bounced out and it acts like he never signed in.  He tries to look at something and it says he is not a member and to please sign in.  Or it says he has been idle too long and to please sign in again (when he's been right there trying to click on something).  Every time he tries to click on something, it bounces him out.

Could be a cookie problem, especially if he is going in through a back door page.  E.g. in that scenario he could be presenting an old cookie but not getting a new one to replace it.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi 5dogsandme,

I would suggest you to turn on Compatibility View, the webpage you're viewing—and other webpages within the website's domain—will be displayed as if you were using an earlier version of Internet Explorer.

If Internet Explorer recognizes a webpage that isn't compatible, you'll see the Compatibility View button on the Address bar.

To turn Compatibility View on or off, click the Compatibility View button, or follow these steps:

1.      Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

2.      Click the Tools button, and then click Compatibility View.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Why-dont-some-websites-display-correctly-in-Internet-Explorer-8

I would also suggest you to check mark keep me logged in at the time of logging into the site.

Thanks and regards,

Fouzan – Microsoft support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum 

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-%20US/answersfeedback/threads and let 

us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.