why so many HTTP 400 Bad Request - The Webpage Cannot Be Found?

This is really getting old. When I am on many websites that aren't broken or bad (like AT&T site which works fine on my other WinXP pc), I am constantly seeing a message after I click a link on the site (not always, just sometimes). HTTP 400 Bad Request - Webpage Cannot Be Found. I am sick of seeing this. There is nothing wrong with the website, as it works on the other pc of mine on the same internet service at the same moment.

Question Info

Last updated September 3, 2018 Views 2,469 Applies to:
Answer

Please answer all of the following diagnostic questions by number in your very next reply (no need to quote this post):

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

=> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons).

2. Does the behavior persist if you open IE (only) to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737, run the Fix It and then reboot?

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?  What third-party firewall (if any)?

4. Has a(nother) Norton or a McAfee application ever been installed on this machine?

5. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.