Question

Q: why so many HTTP 400 Bad Request - The Webpage Cannot Be Found? This thread is locked from future replies

This is really getting old. When I am on many websites that aren't broken or bad (like AT&T site which works fine on my other WinXP pc), I am constantly seeing a message after I click a link on the site (not always, just sometimes). HTTP 400 Bad Request - Webpage Cannot Be Found. I am sick of seeing this. There is nothing wrong with the website, as it works on the other pc of mine on the same internet service at the same moment.

Answer

A:

Please answer all of the following diagnostic questions by number in your very next reply (no need to quote this post):

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

=> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons).

2. Does the behavior persist if you open IE (only) to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737, run the Fix It and then reboot?

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?  What third-party firewall (if any)?

4. Has a(nother) Norton or a McAfee application ever been installed on this machine?

5. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

6 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 2371 Last updated: February 12, 2018 Applies to: