Q: An Add-on for this Website failed to run. Click Security Setting in the Internet Options for Potential conflicts This thread is locked from future replies

Original title: I keep receiving bar msgs. an add-on failed to run click security setting for potential conflict.

I have already purchased XP Fix It and it did not help so I don't know now what to do?????

I have never had this problem before and I have been with PCH Slots and PCH Lotto for about 5 years..  At the bottom it keeps saying with a green check mark Unknown Zone (Mixed) I click on that and it takes me straight to the Security sites and I have checked all of these many times and it keeps saying in the bar at top of page that comes up  "An Add-on for this Website failed to run.  Click Security Setting in the Internet Options for Potential conflicts.  I have done this also.  I paid for Incredimail Advanced System 5 and I ran it this AM and it showed several errors and they supposedly repaired them all.  I also paid yesterday $34.95 to Microsoft Fix it and they scanned and supposedly found all my problems, but it has still not fixed this problem so I can play the PCH Lotto and Slots.  If you possibly have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.  I made a copy of the page that it takes me to but the page will not download with the game as it should. I will attach this page for you so you can see it just comes up as a blank page where as it should be the game play page for me to hit Play Here for slots.  I have tried all I know to try and paid money for help but nothing seems able to help me. If possible please advise if you do know what I can do to correct this on my security zone pages for whatever the conflict is for the add-ons as I have not downloaded anything to make a conflict.
Thanking you kindly,
Jan Mayfield

1.    Is this issue happening while accessing any particular websites?

2.    Do you remember making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Refer to the Methods provided below and check if they help in resolving the issue.

Method 1: Start Internet Explorer in No Add-ons mode

While browser add-ons can enhance your online experience, they can occasionally interfere or conflict with other software on your computer. Try starting Internet Explorer without add-ons to see if the problem goes away.

Step 1: Run Internet Explorer without add-ons

a)    Click the Start button. Click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

If the problem does not occur after you use this method, use Manage Add-ons to determine which add-ons are causing the problem.

Step 2: Manage add-ons.

a)    Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

b)    Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.

c)    Click an add-on in the Name list, and then click Disable.

d)    Repeat step 3 until you identify the add-on that is causing the problem.

Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is not fixed, go to the next method.

Method 2:

You may also run the “Fix it” tool from this link.

Fix Internet Explorer add-on problems when IE hangs or freezes:

Method 3: Reset Internet Explorer Settings

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

32 people were helped by this reply

I had this problem also. I have XP, IE8.

In my case, the notice stopped after I removed '' from my restricted sites.

Tools> security> restricted sites>> remove> close> OK.

Worked for me. I'm not saying it will work for every computer.

I saw the suggestion on another site today.

OMG! TY! SWEET! Ok, I am still getting the banner, but so what! My browser is working again; and since Chrome and Firefox are still burping Adobe, this is it!
I'd rather make friends of enemies than enemies of friends.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

38 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 212,496 Last updated: March 12, 2018 Applies to: