what is http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/N8667.798

I've been getting this on my Back Button search history.  I may have visited one page but there will be rows and rows of this and I can't get back to the previous page.  I have MSE which should has adware and spyware removal.

Question Info

Last updated August 29, 2018 Views 2,826 Applies to:
Answer
Last evening I downloaded Spybot Search and Destroy Free Version from Yesdownloads.com.  They inform you from the start that there will be 3 offers but you can "decline" them when they come up.  They also let you know a Yahoo toolbar comes with the download.  "Express" download did mention the toolbar so I clicked on "Custom" which came up with 3 items to check to prevent the toolbar from downloading, I thought, but it did still download.  I went into the Contol Panel and uninstalled the toolbar and a Yahoo update for it.  I ran the scan and it found 3 "groups" of adware with a total of 18 entries.  I removed them and then clicked "immunize".  It couldn't immunize all the necessary files most likely because the virus protection didn't understand what it was and to allow it.  This morning everthing seems to be okay, so Spybot might be a solution.  The cross-site scripting message hasn't come up and the doubleclick.net isn't appearing in my recent pages.  I suppose that MSE may not have found it because I somehow "allowed" it when bringing up the website(s) that put the adware in.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
 The doubleclick ad 

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition
H.A.V. Aravinda

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.