Windows Media Player Error Message C00D11B1

I have some movie clips with the extension .wpl  I am unable to play them with quickplay or windows media player.  I recently downloaded Realtek High Definition Audio Driver version 6.0.1.5548 A.  This didn't help any.  Any ideas what type of upgrades I need so that I can play these movie clips?  When I try and play them I get the error message C00D11B1.  Is there a specific upgrade for this error message?

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2018 Views 51,213 Applies to:
Answer

Hey Kent305,

Were the movie files downloaded from Internet?
Try these two methods. See whichever helps.

Method 1:

1. Open Windows Media Player
2. Go to Tools->Options->DVD->Advanced tab.
3. In the codecs section, scroll down to the codec of the video you are trying to play i.e .wpl  and see if it says "disabled" next to it in the "decoder" column.
4. If it does, select a decoder for the codec.

Method 2:

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the windows help article below.

Back up the registry
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Back-up-the-registry

1. Click on the Start Menu.
2. Type regedit into the Start Search box and hit enter.
3. If asked for permission, click on Continue to open the Registry Editor
4. On the left-pane, navigate to the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio.
5. In the right-pane, double click on the text, DisableProtectedAudioDG, and change the value from 1 to 0.
6. Close the Registry Editor.
7. Restart your computer.

That should be it. If this doesn’t fix the problem, please provide the version of Windows Media Player and the complete error message.

Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.